Monday, December 21, 2009

Belief


Good evening everyone, well Christmas is almost here.

Anyone ready for it?

I guess you could say I can't wait for it. Probably not for what your thing. Its not for the gifts, or the loud family reunion,or even all the food. I guess I'm looking forward to when my 10year son wakes up and come to tell us Santa has come.

I've waited 10 years for this moment.

Some parents are lucky because they have already gone through it several times, but I'm still waiting. I have hope this year that this is the year, it will happen. A very special memory I will treasure for ever.

My son in the beginning didn't believe in Santa. It wasn't from my husband or I. We decorate our house as the Whoville outside and the nutcracker ballet on the inside. We drive to see the christmas lights and make christmas basket for the neighbors. I set out the Christmas cookies and milk.

My son has had it hard, the first school he ever went to made him believe being ADHD was bad. So ever year he would wait in his room for me to get him on Christmas. We would walk into the living room he would refuse to look at the tree afraid he would not get anything because he was bad (because of being ADHD). One of the reasons we had pulled him from the public school for 4yrs. I've work with him in those years and now he's believing. He ask if the roof on the house need any work. That way Santa doesn't fall through and wake him. Or what if he can't sleep will he still get gifts. (We told him the Sandman comes and sprinkles sand to make him sleep before Santa comes.


So now this is our year to get a memory I will treasure into my gray hair years.

So I say to all you that have had this special memory treasure it because one day the belief of Santa will fade and your child will be to old to jump on your bed because Santa had come.

Have a very Happy Holiday.

And

Make many wonderful Memories that you keep in your heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment