Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tornado

Hi, everyone sorry I've been gone so long, computer trouble still. Well, my family was blessed once more. Two tornado touch down only a mile from my home head directly for it. We even had fire trucks out here with light going waiting for the worst, but then the tornado's ran out of steam and just went back up into the clouds.
Talk about hold your breath, but don't worries about us. My husband had an idea and we have a well in front of our house. And a cistern in the back of our house. So he knock a hole in the way to an all concrete room and secured it with metal I-beams. So we do have a place to go to, if they get any closer.
Porch roof is a little separated from the house, but other then that where OK.
Now if we can only get a roof out here to fix it. Called 5 so far, 3 set appointments and never shown. The other 2 showed and said they send estimates and now 3weeks later and no estimate. I knew we live out in the country, but I didn't know it was going to be this hard to get someone to work on our house. I guess that why my husband and I are doing almost everything ourselves.
So to all those that read this, hug your family members and be thank full for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your family is safe, Hope you get your computer fixed soon. Take care and extra hugs to your little one.

    ReplyDelete